Online Labour Academy (OLA)
Historically IFWEA and its members have initiated innovative and creative activities in the utilisation of communications technology to develop new methods of teaching and learning - from international study circles; to e-learning for distance education; interactive platforms for social learning and website design and education through video and radio. Its latest innovation, the IFWEA Online Labour Academy (OLA), will provide an online curricular, which can also be adapted for face-to-face workshops, for adult and labour educations to utilise in their education activities.
The IFWEA Online Academy was launched in 2012 at the ABF Sweden Jubilee celebrations in Stockholm.
Organisations participating in OLA include the CLASS Nepal (Nepal), CENAC (Bolivia), Labour Research Service (LRS, Africa), Labour Education and Research Network (LEARN, Philippines), Labour Education Foundation (LEF, Pakistan), IFWEA Secretariat (South Africa, Sweden, Finland and Norway), International Transport Federation (ITF, Global Union), Programa Laboral de Desarrolla (PLADES, Peru) and Self Employed Women's Association (SEWA, India)
- CLASS Nepal, Nepal: “Building Democratic and Women Friendly Trade unions”
- CENAC, Bolivia “Political and Social Advocacy / Incidencia política y social”
- LEARN, Philippines “Building Democratic and Women Friendly Trade unions”
- LEF, Pakistan “Building Democratic Trade Unions”
- LRS, South Africa “Basic Information and Communication Skills for Collective Bargaining”, "Study Circles Programme", "South Africa Tutor Training", "National Union of Mineworkers (South Africa)"
- IFWEA Secretariat "Youth Globalisation and Awareness Programme YGAP"
- ITF, UK/ Global “Climate Change and Transport Workers”, "Climate Change for Young Workers", "Introduction to Climate Change for Urban Transport Unions", "Women Bus Drivers Driving To Equality"
- PLADES, Peru “Advocacy and Communication for Workers in Informal Economy / Comunicación para la Incidencia”, "Sostenibilidad y recaudación de fondos para líderes de organizaciones de base / Sustainability and fundraising for Grassroots Leaders", "Collective Bargaining / Negociación Colectiva", "Saber para negociar / Skills for Negotiation"
- SEWA Academy, India "SEWA Movement and Evolution of SEWA Banyan Tree", “Developing and Strenthening of Member-based Organisation of the Poor" "Leadership and Organising”